Amy L. Dilday
Amy L. Dilday is a Partner at McCumber Daniels and practices in the firm's Florida office. Ms. Dilday is a Florida Bar Board Certified Appellate Attorney who heads the appellate practice group. In addition to heading the appellate practice group, Ms. Dilday focuses in civil litigation in the areas of medical malpractice defense, long term care defense, professional liability defense and commercial litigation. Ms. Dilday has obtained numerous successful published opinions on behalf of McCumber Daniels’ clients.
Prior to joining McCumber Daniels, Ms. Dilday worked for a defense litigation firm in Tampa, Florida, as a member of the firm’s appellate and insurance coverage group. In 2005-2007, Ms. Dilday clerked for the Honorable Douglas A. Wallace of the Second District Court of Appeal.
Ms. Dilday graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law. During law school, she interned with the Honorable Mary S. Scriven of the Middle District, United States District Court of Florida. Ms. Dilday was on the Stetson Law Review and Stetson’s Moot Court Board. She received several academic honors while in law school.
- Dilday, Amy. "An Update on the Status of CMS’ Rule Banning Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements in the Long Term Care Setting." Pulse, FHCA December, 2016. p. 7-8. Print.
- Miles, Amy; Penchansky, Marc. " Recent Court Decisions Reaffirm the Validity of Nursing Home Arbitration Provisions." Pulse, FHCA April, 2012. p. 5;16. Print. (originally published on Clear and Convincing Evidence)
- Miles, Amy. "Supreme Court Considers its own Jurisdiction to Determine the Constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act." M.O.R.O.F. Newsletter (republish from Clear and Convincing Evidence)
- Miles, Amy. "The Amendments to Florida’s Mediation Procedures Rule." The Benchmark. First Quarter 2012.
- Miles, Amy L. "Long Term Care Facilities' and Employees' Responsibilities Under the Elder Justice Act." LTC-SIR Advisor 14.1 (Feb. 2011) : 19-21. Print.
- Miles, Amy. "The Appellate Brief; Rules of Finality: Now that I have this Order, Can I Appeal It?" The Benchmark, (Second Quarter 2011).
- Miles, Amy. "The Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals Cuts a Clear Passage in the Otherwise Murky Waters of the Medicare Secondary Payer Act." The Benchmark. Fourth Quarter 2010.
- Miles, Amy. “The Record on Appeal: What do you do when there was no court reporter?” Florida Bar Association The Florida Bar Journal (November 2010): Pages 38-41. Print.
- Miles, Amy. Florida’s Supreme Court considers two arbitration cases from the Second District Court of Appeal. The Benchmark. Third Quarter 2010.
- Comments from Chief Justice Peggy A. Quince on Advocacy: for the Client, the Courts, and the Profession, The Record, Journal of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar (Summer 2009).
- The Appellate Opinion is Out-Now What Do I Do? 82 Fla. B.J. 29 (Nov. 2008) (Co-written with Betsy Elwanger Gallagher).